July 12, 2009

The Pea Post

You may or may not know that I have never eaten a fresh pea before. Well today was the day! Wow! Have I led a deprived life! Yummmmmmmy! The pea experiment was a success. They will become a staple in my garden. Quite frankly, I don't know that I will ever eat another pea unless it is picked fresh from the vine.

So, back to today, as I picked the peas I noticed that the 2 young boys (4 and 7) next door were out playing and I offered them some. To my great pleasure and quite unexpectedly, they said "yes". They were popping them like candy!

I was so obsessed with this wonderful little veggie that it turned into a little game. Squeeze along the seams to pop the pod open......reveal perfect little green orbs......pop the slightly crunchy little orbs in mouth. And oh how pretty for pictures. I was glad that my kids were out and hubby was visiting the neighbors cuz a pea photo session was a little over the top for them.

Who knew how delectable peas were? (Probably everyone but me but that's OK. Better late than never.)
From this.....

To this....

To this.......awesome!

No comments: