May 17, 2009

Tree Debris

Downside of Spring
Have I mentioned that I love Spring? Mostly. The exception? Spewing trees! First it's the coating of yellow/green pollen on everything. Then when that ebbs, the fuzzies start. They are the things that kind of look like caterpillars. They kind of freak me out. Then before they finish the little helicopters descend from the trees. At the end of the day, the things that Spring brings far outweigh the little annoyances so no big deal. So it's not a complaint, just an observation.

Now this year we have an infestation of those little green worms. Winter moths apparently. They spiral down from the trees like spiders. I turned to find one sitting on my shoulder the other day. Not cool. I can live with them but they really need to respect my space or things could get ugly. Hopefully they will be flying soon.

I came across this video on YouTube and thought I would share it.

No comments: