May 15, 2009

Tomatoes in the City!

Sex in the City attitude -vs- Tomatoes in the City attitude

Ok - so I have been away from home for almost a week. I am having a wonderful time but am experiencing a constant nagging in the back of my head....my garden! I don't have to explain that to anyone who gardens but when I call home and ask about it, everyone is so non-chalant! What the hell! No one understands! I want details......and pictures. My family is not willing to satiate my curiosity by taking pictures.

For today I will satisfy my craving by setting my daughter up with a tomato plant and basil. Not something that she has requested or even wants. After all she is a city girl in a one bedroom apartment - just minutes from "downtown". Oh well. I reasoned with her that this will be a test for the kitties that she wants to get. If she can keep the tomato alive and have it bear fruit she might just be ready for cats. Hmmmmf. Plus I get to have dirt under my nails!

Being a "burbs" girl, the one thing that I had not considered was the parking / elevator situation. Hauling soil, etc. from your driveway to your backyard is one thing. Parking a block away and hauling it up on an elevator is another. Oh well, where there's a will, there's a way.

MONTREAL BOTANICAL GARDENS

Today I had the great pleasure of visiting the Montreal Botanical Gardens (Jardin Botanique de Montreal) on opening day. I hope to get back in the middle of summer to see how things have progressed and experience the full blown colors of summer.

No comments: