September 27, 2009

Got Harvest?

After a rather dismal summer, weather wise and thus garden wise, I am finally reaping the fruits of my labor.  For what it's worth, yesterday I harvested my first.ever.celery.  Woo-hoo!  It grew very slowly but with very little attention.  I picked just this one and have four more to go.


This is what it looked like after plucking off the small outer celery stalks.



All chopped and cleaned and ready to munch on.

First up.......the Barefoot Contessa's "Company Pot Roast".  Time for an experiment. 

While I was out picking the celery my neighbor was lurking in his backyard. We chit chatted about this 'n that and I told him that I was attempting a pot roast in my spanky new dutch oven.   With that, he ceremoniously bent over and pulled a bunch of carrots from his garden.  Cool!!!  I am not much of a roast lover but hubby is so....this one's for you Mr.



With all the ingredients in place, today was the day.


Sweat those veggies.





Brown that beef.


Add those herbs.



....and we're off!

Suffice it to say that by the time it was ready I forgot to take a picture of the final dish. I was hungry and anxious to taste it.   It was...mmmm....mmm.....good!

If you want the recipe you can find it on the Food Network website.....Ina Garten...The Barefoot Contessa.....click here.  You won't regret it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy...perfect dish with the weather temps dropping a bit here in New York. This looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Also, I wanted to thank you for your kind words about My Papa. Blessings to you! Stop in soon to visit.