September 4, 2009

D.I.S.G.U.S.T.I.N.G

Ewwwwwwwww!  I headed down to the garden earlier for what I thought would be the end of tomatoes for this year.   T’was not to be.  I was not alone.  There were critters out there today.  Frogs a ‘hoppin’ here and there, and this disgusting creature.  A tomato hornworm I think.  I’ve never seen one before (except in pictures).  It sent me screaming like a little school girl.  Once I regained my composure I was able to snap a few pics.  Of course during the photo session I had imaginary things crawling up my legs and was happy that the macro feature on my camera let me take the pics from a distance.  I’m starting to wonder if I am really cut out for this gardening business.  Silly as it sounds, I’m not sure if this is one of the fears that I want to conquer.

IMG_0804

 

IMG_0761

Quite the athlete, huh?

1 comment:

Michelle Clay said...

What's even more freaky are the wasps that parasitize tomato hornworms. The parasitized hornworms give me the heebe jeebies, but we leave them alone, because they make more wasps which keep the hornworms under control. Yuck.