August 1, 2009

Random Nonsense

I don't like posts without pictures. This is one.

I hadn't realized how long it's been since I checked in. I wish I could say it was due to my whirlwind lifestyle but alas that would be a bold-faced lie. I also wish it was because my prolific garden and the harvest thereof was taking up all of my time but that would be another lie. Not! Not! Not! I don't want to sound like a broken record so I will only say one word. Rain.

No pictures in this post. Because, well, everything is ugly. I went out to do some gardening a couple of days ago and it turned into a rodeo. Tomato wrangling. A horse and lasso would have been helpful. Some tomato plants are 7' tall with the beginnings of flower clusters and a few microscopic tomatoes. Not good. I am pondering the possibility that my greatest hope now for garden fresh tomatoes this year is my good old local farm. Being more of a "half full" kind of girl, I am OK with that. Mother Nature is a powerful chick, huh!

Oh, and P.S. It's August!

No comments: