July 9, 2010

Hot! Hot! Hot! – Fertilizer Friday

Oy-vey!  It’s been hotter than Hades in this neck of the woods.   Stifling, thick air.  Buh!

Gardening has not been a pleasant activity.   Hubby has been kind enough to water the veggie bed and I’ve been tending to the potted plants. 

I’m keeping my posts “short ‘n sweet”.    Lest I am consumed by the heat monster.  Never to be seen again.


July 1 GrapesConcord grapes


July 1 Hydrangeas 
Hydrangeas are acting very strange.   The bloom puffs are small!


July 1 Peas Peas have arrived.  Purty, eh?


July 1 ZucchiniZucchini is “working it”!   My fingers are crossed.  Curcurbits have been having a rough time the past few years.


July 7 Blanket flower
Blanket flower.

July 7 BrugsBrugs are doing fine!   The sticks from a few weeks ago are coming along quite well.  Despite my reservations.


July 7 Hibiscus BUD Remember this?   Well we now know the color….


July 7 Hibiscus Tada!  Perhaps not my favorite color but love that it’s a double.
(P.S.  Walmart has the 6” pot marked down to 1/2 price right now.  Just $3 here.  So I bought 2 more today.)

July 7 Chickadees
Feathered friends.


July 7 Titmouse Tufted Titmouse.


July 7 Chickadees 2
My little chickadees.

Alas, the silliest creature of all……
July 7 Smudgie
Smudgie.  Settling down to "chill" in a pot.  Kooky cat!

That’s it for this week.    But there’s much, much more over at Tootsie’s blog.   Check it out.
BLOG BUTTON!!

14 comments:

Beth said...

The picture of Smudgie is adorable. Enjoyed your birds, vegetables and flowers too. Hope it cools off a bit for you!
Blessings, Beth

Lynn said...

Smudgie must see all the attention you're giving the plants and just wants to get in line! lol. Everything looks very nice-enjoy!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Awwwww, that is just such a cute picture of Smudgie!!

I know how you feel with the weather lately. I feel way too heavy to do anything. your flowers all look great!

★Carol★ said...

Those peas bring back happy memories for me, of picking and eating them in my Grandpa's garden! There's nothing like fresh peas, is there? Keep cool Maureen, and don't forget to water the cat!

Troy said...

Smudgie has that "I just ate the chickadees" look on that furry little face!

I miss concord grapes. We had them when I was a kid, and we had grape juice, grape jelly, and all the grapes we could eat.

siteseer said...

everything is lookin good. Hope Smudgie doesn't grow too much more.... be sure not to water him lol

Chatty Crone said...

You pictures of your garden are nice . . . and it is hot here too . . . whew . . . sandie

Tootsie said...

oh how I miss my cats!!! Niffer and Tootsie each had their own pots...haha
never stops making me smile...
Your garden is growing so nicely...your photos are great friend...I hear about the heat...the last few days now are just scorching...and we pay for it at night with raging storms!
I am so glad you linked in today...hope to see you again soon

agreenearth said...

Summer heat is the most difficult time in the garden, but your results still look great.

Do hope to see you at We Can Wednesday my new meme starting this Wednesday.

BernieH said...

Sounds a bit like one of our Summers ... hopefully the temps will drop soon. You have lots going on in your garden ... love that Blanket Flower and the Hibiscus. Lovely bird shots too.

Thanks so much for dropping by to visit my Friday Flower Flaunt post. Those close-ups of the Poinsettias really show off the tiny flowers well ... I find the flowers so lovely.

Erin said...

Oh, everything looks wonderful. I think I'm going to try grapes next year...I've discovered lots of people do it in my area. Love all the birds, too...I get so excited when I see my feeders being utilized.

Greta Koehl said...

Cat, birds, flowers - all you need for a perfect life. Enjoyed this!

DoanLegacy said...

Beautiful flowers, fresh veggies, and wonderful critters! A complete post of nature..Have a great week..

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

I agree with some of the previous comments... beautiful flowers, nice produce and wonderful pics of your cat and the wild birds. We love birds in our household. We have a gazillion different feeders outside and as family members, we also have an African Grey and Blue Front Amazon Parrot. Thanks for the post and thanks for visiting my blog.